|Student & Parent / Carer Declaration
It is important as Educational Diversity reopens after the period of lockdown during the Covid-19 pandemic, that everyone in school is able to be kept safe. For this to happen, it is important that students, parents / carers and staff agree to support each other by following the government guidelines on protective measures, including:
- social distancing
- good hygiene
To achieve this, we respectfully ask every student and parent / carer to read and agree to the following:
Everything stated below is in line with our Expectations and Values:
Be Respectful Be Safe Be Ready
I will be respectful by:
- Listening to and following the safety rules (see below)
- Being positive and kind to others
- Taking responsibility for my choices and actions
I will be safe by:
- Using hand sanitiser as I arrive and washing my hands regularly during the day
- Keeping a safe distance of 2 metres from others at all times. (This includes not standing too close when I’m talking to my friends or staff)
- Staying in my classroom (unless I am told otherwise)
- Working at my own desk, with my own equipment
I will be ready by:
- Arriving at my agreed time
- Having a positive attitude and being ready to join in activities
- Doing my work on the online learning platform and in class
Signed: _______________________________ Date: ___________________
|Parent / carer
I will support school by:
- Reminding my child of the additional expectations (detailed above)
- Being available on the phone while my child is in school
- If my child doesn’t comply with the safety and protective measures (detailed above), I will be contacted and my child will be asked to leave the premises and I will come and collect them from school immediately. I understand that if I am unable to do this, the Police may be called.
- If my child refuses to leave the premises and continues to pose a risk, key members of the leadership team will use physical intervention to take them to a safe place, such as outside of school and it will be my responsibility to collect them immediately. Physical interventions will only be used in emergencies. Staff have access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- I will keep my child off school if they or anyone else in the home is displaying symptoms of Coronavirus and I will inform school immediately.
- If my child behaves in a way that is unsafe and against the government’s advice on protective measures, a review of their place in school may be carried out based on the risks they pose.
- If my child has an underlying health condition then I understand that it is my decision and responsibility to place them at school.
I understand that as a parent / carer, I have a duty of care to support school in this way.
Signed: ______________________________________ Date: ______________