Equality Objectives for Educational Diversity
- To continue to provide a school environment that is underpinned by diversity alongside commitment, challenge, control and confidence.
- To close the gaps in attainment and achievement between students and all groups of students; especially boys and girls, disadvantaged students, students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and Looked After Children.
- To monitor bullying and harassment of students and staff by race, disability and gender, and is this information used to make a difference to the experience of other students. 100% of staff to feel confident that any incidences of bullying behaviour have been dealt with appropriately (currently 90% identified through staff survey 2018).
- To allow equal access to information for all parents/carers. This to take into account parents/carers possible additional needs and any further barriers to accessing written information. Where logistical issues are noted, we will work with families to provide support in accessing pertinent information.
- To continue to ensure the school environment is as accessible as possible to students, staff and visitors to the school.